Home treatment for urinary tract infection
UTI or Urinary tract infection is mainly caused by bacteria known as E. coli (Escherichia coli). Women are more prone to this condition. There are many causes of urinary tract infection such as holding back urine for too long, bladder stone, enlarged prostate diabetes, menopause etc. Some common symptoms of UTI are strong urge to urinate, painful urination, lower abdomen soreness, blood in urine, fever, nausea and vomiting.
Here are some home treatments for urinary tract infection.
Home Treatment for Urinary Tract Infection
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Eat vitamin C containing foods. Use can also use vitamin C chewable tablets on a daily basis.
- Cranberry juice is loaded with Vitamin C and Quinolic acid; both of them are beneficial in the treatment of urinary tract infection. Try to drink 12 to 24 oz of cranberry juice on a daily basis.
- Drink Echinacea tea daily to get rid of UTI.
- In order to neutralize the acidity of urine, make a mixture by mixing 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it.
- Make a mixture by mixing equal proportions of sandalwood oil + bergamot oil + tea tree oil + frankincense + juniper oil. Rub this mixture on the abdominal area daily, for 3 to 4 days.
- In order to increase the urine flow, use this remedy - Boil some coriander seeds in water. Cool the decoction, strain it and drink 1 ounce twice daily.
- Boil some pink rose petals In a bowl of water, strain it and drink an ounce, three times a day.