Homemade nail treatments
Here are some homemade treatments for your nails:
- Olive oil is very beneficial for your nails health. For getting shiny and beautiful nails apply olive oil to your nails on a regular basis. Immerse your nails in warm olive oil for 15-20 minutes on alternate days. This is a useful tip to harden soft nails.
- If you are suffering from fragile nails problem – Try to eat iron rich food sources such as liver, lean red meat, seafood, beans, soy beans, lentils, whole grains, spinach, turnip greens, tofu, vegetables, asparagus, parsley, watercress, chicken and turkey, nuts, blackstrap molasses, egg yolks, dried fruits, such as prunes, raisins, dates and apricots.
- Another remedy for shiny and strong nails is the use of lemon juice – massage your nails with lemon juice by using cotton ball, after massage wash them with clean water. The lemon juice gets rid of stains and discoloration on nails, yet is gentle to your skin.
- Beetroots are good sources of vitamin d and calcium. Daily intake of beetroots will make your nails beautiful. You can also increase your calcium intake by drinking milk.
- Try to soak your nails in warm mustard oil for 8-10 minutes. Now, massage and rub them gradually to normalize the blood circulation.
- Try to protect your nails from dyes, harsh chemicals like detergents. Wear a good quality rubber glove while working with such chemicals.
For white nails
- In order to get white nails – Make a paste by mixing 2 ½ tablespoons of baking soda + 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide. Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture under the tip of each fingernail. Wait for at least 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Try to repeat this process at every 6 to 8 weeks.
- You can also use a toothpaste to get white nails. In order to use tooth paste- Apply a small amount of toothpaste to nails. Use a soft nail brush to work the toothpaste into nails. Let sit for about five minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
Toe nails fungus
- Apply tea tree oil with the help of a cotton ball.
- Make a mixture by mixing equal proportion of water and natural apple cider vinegar. Soak your feet in the bucket for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Another effective homemade treatment for toe nail fungus - Mix equal amounts of lavender oil + tea tree oil. For application use a cotton ball.
- Make another remedy by mixing 2 drops of oregano oil with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Apply this mixture on the affected area.
- Soak your feet in a tub filled with equal proportions of water and Hydrogen Peroxide (3%), for about 15 minutes.
- You can also apply – juice of onion to your nails.